I’m a huge fan of dark, rich chocolate with a hint of coffee and cinnamon and filled with pecans. If you are too…these cookies may very well be your favorite thing…EVER!
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper (you need at least 2 and can cool the pan between batches).
- Melt the butter, unsweetened and bittersweet chocolates in the microwave or over a double broiler.
- Stir in the sugars and then add the eggs and buttermilk. Beat with an electric mixer until thick and glossy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the pecans and chocolate chips). Stir until just mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop in heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2” apart. Bake until the cookies are set but still gooey in the center (about 15 minutes).
you can substitute dried cherries for the pecans.